Thursday, October 22, 2009

Being 29 is very much like being 28

Let me tell you, being 29 is just like being 28.  LOL  I didn't expect things to change over night, but I certainly didn't think I would be reliving summer 2009. What do I mean by that?  Well, you'll see.

As I was pin curling my hair before bed, something flew toward my face.  I brushed it out the way (assuming it was a fruit fly) then I laid myself down to sleep and prayed the Lord my soul to keep.

So I'm sleeping and I'm dreaming (I can't remember what about) and then I heard..."Wheeeeeee...wheeeee..." I don't know if you understand what I'm describing, but my friends it's the sound of a mosquito buzzing in my ear. NOOOOOO!  I had been tormented by these rotten insects for most of the summer.  I threw my covers off and sat up in bed and thought, "At least I'm waking up right before I have to get up."  I looked at the clock and it said 2:36AM!!!  I guess this was Ms. Mosquito's way of saying "Happy Birthday Shay!" 

I looked around for my Cutter repellent wipes, which thankfully (and unfortunately) were still nearby and I wiped down my face, and attempted to sleep again.  It worked until again I heard ""Wheeeeeee...wheeeee..." in my ear. This time around 5AM!!! *sigh* At least it was only an hour before I had to be up.  Anyway, I did fall back asleep and still got up in time to carry on my normal routine - Catch Train, Go to Gym, Go to Work.

Here I am at work taking care of business on the phone (it was an actual phone call, not a staged picture) and in the next minute taking a "Surprise!" picture of myself.





Basically, work proceeded as normal and I had an enjoyable day that, shockingly, was very much like the day before...when I was 28. *shaking head* I thought things would be different...jk jk. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment