Monday, October 26, 2009

The Perks of Being a Year Older

So I turned 29 and that's cool, but turning a year older is generally just great - you get gifts and special treatment from friends, family and sometimes co-workers.  Take a look at all my lovely friends who came to my pizza party, treated me (!), AND played with old-school toys and wore pizza hats!!!

I also love the special treatment that companies are showing their customers.  I received special birthday greetings from Coldstone Creamery, Sephora, Dave & Buster's, Uno's Chicago Pizzeria and Carnival.  Thank you random companies for my automated birthday greeting.

I especially thank those companies that gave me something for free.  I got $10 in free game play from my fave place Dave & Buster's aka adult Chuck E. Cheese, three mini lip glosses from Sephora, a free entree coupon from Uno's and my favorite freebie - a "Like It" with a free mix-in from Coldstone Creamery.  At one time, Coldstone was looser with its freebies and coupons, sadly, no longer.  So I have to take advantage of the free ice cream, even if it is only once a year, and I did!


BEHOLD...cinnamon ice cream with pecans and coconut.  They didn't even charge me for my second mix-in and they sang to me.

In preparation for the 3-0, I must join more of these birthday clubs...it's these little perks that make aging so much better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking Congee Village for 29.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i had no idea about the free food. that's so great!

    ml

    ReplyDelete